Sunday 10 August 2008

today's garden harvest

Neil and I collected a good looking harvest from our modest vegetable garden today. What do you think?


This is the second harvest of the tomatoes and potatoes. The first harvests were cooked and eaten right away (and I didn't think of taking a photo until we'd sate back with full tummies). They made delicious roast potatoes and a tasty tomato sauce, respectively. It is the final harvest of beans though, I pulled out the poor plants today which have been devastated by slugs, snails and caterpillars this year but still provided beans a plenty, they were some hard workin' organic dwarf bean plants!

We also took in a crazy tomato today.


Neil thinks it looks like an angel; I think it looks like a rabbit; what do you think? (Don't say tomato, because we know it's a tomato.)

1 comment:

Sue said...

I think it looks like a cute little space ship!