Monday 22 September 2008

A new perspective

Neil and I took a walk along the River Cam on Saturday. This is not unusual since we live so close and it's a lovely walk leading us right to the grocery store. But Saturday we crossed the nearest bridge (we haven't done this in years!) and walked the opposite direction to usual. I don't know if it's up river or down, but on our side of the river we can only walk towards town because to go the other way we would run into a fence and private land quickly. The other side of the river has a gravel path for walkers, cyclists and dogs that leads all the way to Ely supposedly. Saturday we decided to find out just how far we could go. We're not sure where we walked to, and the path continued on, but I decided we should return to Cambridge for a pint at the nearest pub and a study afternoon (well, what was left of it). I love walking in Autumn because you can walk in sunshine without getting sweaty. I especially like when the weather is just cold enough to go walking with a scarf and mittens but not so cold you have to wear a coat. I know, I'm weird. Perhaps next weekend when I've finished my essay and a report (I have two to write) we will attempt the walk again. It's beautiful! (If you come visit I will take you on a walk by the river, even if I still don't know where the path leads.)

Oh, the picture is from our way back. There was an old tree stump jutting out of the hedge as you can see. Although Neil's shoulder was sore he offered to climb up so I could take a photo. It's not that he wanted his photo taken; it's that his inner boy loves to climb on things but his outer man needed an excuse.

No comments: