Friday 18 July 2008

Personal radio

So it's been awhile since Neil and I had a radio. The online stations just don't seem worth the effort (at least not when we've tried). And when we rent a car we usually end up quite annoyed with the radio DJs and commercials. We miss hearing new music, but we don't want an expensive radio nor do we want to listen to music out of little tinny speakers when we have a great set of speakers hooked up to the computer network. We still like the albums we've purchased, but they get boring due to predictability from time to time. New is good. Neil mentioned last.fm to me and we set it all up last night... I'm loving it! It's like a radio station full of what I want to listen to, new songs and artists that are similar to things I know I like, and none of the annoying banter or commercials. Last night I listened to artists similar to Imogen Heap, and it really worked, they were a lot like her (if not actually her or her band Frou Frou). It just played in the background and it was perfect. At the moment I'm listening to things similar to Indigo Girls... not all have been good, but then I just ban it and skip ahead to the next song. Wonderful!!! Oh, I can also say that I love something and it will save it to a play list for me. There are lots of other features (including that it will make recommendations from both WMP lists and itunes lists) so if it interests you I'd suggest checking it out.

No comments: