Friday 4 July 2008

Queries on collection management

This is a question for any library staff that may wander this way. In my collection management module (my current module for my Masters in LIS) there are three questions I should ask the professional staff at my library to learn more about the official collection management policies. I thought I'd open it up to the general public to see if I could learn more than just what my library does.

The questions:
1. Does responsibility for evaluation and review appear in relevant job descriptions?
2. Do the post-holders allocate time for this work? (if yes, weekly/monthly/sometimes/never)
3. Are targets set for achieving evaluation or review of defined parts of the collection?


They're all yes or no questions, but if you respond please tell me which library you work at, or at the very least where your library is.

Many thanks! Information is what I like!

No comments: