Monday 10 November 2008

Today's little bit of joy

If I hadn't stopped to take these pictures I would have been completely on time for work, but these two shots make being two minutes late for work very worth it. First of all I would like to show you my favorite path to walk.


I know it doesn't seem like much... and I guess it's not. But this is why I love it:

Every autumn, without fail, walking to work puts a smile on my face -- a very big smile. The child in me loves playing in leaves. And this path (which is next to the regular path and really only leads to the Cambridge Chinese Community Centre or the playground beyond) fills with huge leaves from the lovely old trees between it and the real pavement/sidewalk. Apparently the council only likes to rake the leaves once a year so for a couple of weeks I wade through huge leaves unless the weather is too soggy. This morning was probably the last of 2008 that I will be able to happily walk through the leaves. Gosh it's fun and a great way to get to work.

No comments: